A Guide to Botox for Eyes Lift Treatments
Facial rejuvenation treatments are all the rage these days as people want to maintain their natural and glowing look on their eyes and face even as they age. Among the available cosmetic procedure options, Botox is widely popular for smoothing out the appearance of forehead wrinkles and fine lines.
But how exactly does Botox cosmetic work as an eye lift treatment? Depending on the severity of the wrinkles, a number of Botox injections are performed on the forehead and between the eyebrows. This procedure greatly helps in softening the creases and folds by pulling the forehead muscles, as well as elevates the arch of the eyebrows to prevent hooded eye look.
Botox Brow Lift as a nonsurgical eye lift option
Brow lift, also known as forehead lift or forehead rejuvenation, is a cosmetic surgery that targets the eyebrows and forehead to correct the obvious signs of aging such as frown lines, Crow’s feet, and hooded eyes. Often, this gives a desired effect of minimized wrinkles and sagging in the forehead and between the eyes.
Nowadays, a brow lift can be performed via surgical procedure or through a noninvasive option of Botox. Traditionally, a surgical brow lift is a complex operation that requires incisions in the treatment area to remove excess skin and to tighten muscles in the forehead area. There are several approaches to performing a surgical eyebrow lift:
- Endoscopic - In this method, a small endoscope is inserted through small incisions done hidden in the hairline. The surgeon will navigate the area in the forehead with the endoscope and use small surgical tools to pull up excess skin and dissect tissues to reduce appearance of wrinkles.
- Coronal - Also known as open brow lift, this is one of the oldest techniques done by surgeons for brow elevation. With this approach, incisions are done from ear to ear across the forehead. This works by lifting the skin of the forehead to remove tissues and fat that cause creases. The eyebrows may also be adjusted to a normal level.
- Temporal - This can be described as a less extensive form of endoscopic brow lift. A temporal or lateral brow lift requires incisions above each temple where the surgeon will insert tools to reposition the tissues and skin of the outer brow area. This can help in alleviating the heaviness in the upper eyelid due to drooping eyebrows.
- Trichophytic - Using this approach, a plastic surgeon will create long incisions that stretch across the forehead in the hairline. It essentially removes a certain amount of excess fat tissues so the forehead will look smoother and eyebrows will naturally elevate.
Most plastic surgery brow lifts are performed in an operating room and clients are administered with local anesthesia to lessen pain of the procedure. On the other hand, a Botox eyebrow lift takes on a minimally invasive approach to improving forehead creases through several less painful injections on the designated treatment area. Unlike brow lift surgery, a Botox treatment can be done within 15 to 20 minutes.
Botox lift injections use a purified protein called botulinum toxin. It is a known anti-wrinkle injection that improves the texture of the skin in the forehead and relaxes muscles between the eyebrows. The facial muscles usually targeted are the corrugator and orbicularis oculi. They are known as brow depressors and are responsible for downward movement of the eyebrows. When these muscles are weakened, the brows naturally turn upward to make the eyes look more open.
Advantages of a Botox lift injection
There are many benefits to choosing a cosmetic injection for a brow lift treatment. First, it’s a viable option for clients who want to avoid entering the operating room and going under anesthesia. Likewise, this cosmetic treatment is performed faster compared to a surgical procedure. Other advantages of Botox injection include:
- It effectively targets deeper wrinkles and lines that develop from excessive muscle and brow movement (also known as dynamic wrinkles).
- It can also work as a preventative measure (preventative Botox) to avoid formation of new wrinkles and lines.Usually, preventative Botox can be performed for clients who are in their late 20s to mid 30s.
- Since most surgeries create incisions in the forehead and hairline, there may be wounds that need at least two weeks to heal. On the other hand, a Botox procedure comes with little to minimal pain and no downtime so clients can immediately resume their activities after getting the injection.
- Receiving Botox injections also constitute less side effects and risks as compared to a surgical lift. Among the possible complications from brow surgeries are bleeding, scarring, anesthesia risks, infection, and sometimes even blood clotting.
- Botox also gives more natural-looking results as it pulls the forehead muscles up to enhance the arch of the eyebrows and open up the eyes. The effects of Botox can last up to six months, and clients can get follow-up treatments to maintain its improved look.
What to expect with Botox brow lift
When you’re set on getting a Botox brow lift, the first thing to do is to find an experienced Botox injector or licensed clinic for the procedure. They will initially conduct a consultation to know your cosmetic goals and set expectations about the treatment. Afterwards, they will present a customized treatment plan that shows how many units of Botox you will receive.
A typical Botox brow lift injects an average of 4 to 6 units above each eyebrow. Meanwhile, around 20 to 25 Botox units are usually injected for treating horizontal forehead lines and vertical frown lines.
When it comes to pricing, a surgical brow lift is more expensive than Botox. The cost of Botox is usually determined by how many units are injected or the location of the treatment area. Patients may spend $500 up to $1000 for a Botox lift treatment.
Most people can see visible results of Botox lift within a week after the treatment and can last for up to 6 months. During their recovery period, they should avoid touching the treated area to prevent the toxin from spreading to other parts of the face.
As with all injection treatments, they can also expect to experience common side effects such as tenderness, soreness, swelling, and numbness within the injection site. Applying ice packs or Arnica creams can help in reducing bruising after the treatment.
Severe side effects from Botox only happen when the injection is done poorly. Of course, this can be prevented when receiving the treatment from a skilled practitioner. Some of the serious side effects may include heaviness and muscle weakness around the eye area, brow ptosis (droopy brow), and droopy eyelid. These can cause visual disturbances if not immediately treated with medical care.
How to know if you’re a good candidate for Botox Brow Lift
For clients seeking cosmetic treatments for facial wrinkles and lines surrounding the eye, they may be confused with eye lift and brow lift procedures. To put it simply, an eyelid lift is needed to alleviate sagging or droopy eyes which is usually caused by loose skin on the eyelid.
On the other hand, brow lift is recommended when it is observed that the forehead skin is sagging or eyebrows droop from their natural position. In some cases, a person can have both loose skin on the upper eyelid and sagging brow which makes them a candidate for an eyelid surgery and brow lift. Patients with the following types of wrinkles can also be eligible for a Botox lift:
- Crow’s feet - These are characterized as wrinkles that develop on the corners of the eyes. They are also known as smile lines since they are prominent whenever a person forms facial expressions such as laughing or smiling.
- Frown lines - Also known as the “11” lines, they appear as deep and vertical creases between the eyes and adjacent to the eyebrows. They may stretch to the sides of the nose and rest above the eyebrows.
- Horizontal forehead lines or glabellar lines - On other hand, these are horizontal creases that appear directly on the forehead skin (also known as glabella). They are also known as forehead furrows or furrow lines, and they are also visible between the eyebrows just above the nose.
- Hooded eyes - Individuals with hooded eyes may look distinctly tired or exhausted as the eyebrows droop downward to the upper lid. There are people who naturally have hooded eyes since birth, while others eventually get this facial condition as a result of loss of firmness over time.
Cosmetic alternatives for eye problems
For those who are still undecided whether Botox is right for them, they can consider other available cosmetic treatments. The common nonsurgical alternatives for a Botox brow lift include:
1. Dermal filler (brow filler)
Fillers are usually good for treating static wrinkles (lines that develop even when the face is immobile) and for supplementing lost volume in the skin. Generally, dermal fillers use gel-like substances made of hyaluronic acid to improve facial contour and restore smoothness. They can also be used to lift outer edges of the eyebrows and tighten the skin on the upper eyelid.
2. Thread lift
An eyebrow thread lift involves placing dissolvable threads in the top layer of the skin to instantly lift the brow area upward. It also supports the upper eyelid to prevent the hooded eye appearance. The procedure comes with minor side effects such as soreness and swelling due to the pressure by the threads but they can be remedied with some pain medications. The results of an eyebrow thread lift can last from 1 to 3 years.
3. Microcurrent devices
Microcurrent devices are popular among people who are looking for a treatment which they can easily do at home. A microcurrent facial involves using low-voltage electricity to stimulate muscles and encourage new cell growth. They solve the issue of wrinkles by promoting collagen production to restore firmness and smoothness on the face, especially on the forehead area.
4. Resurfacing lasers
Resurfacing laser treatments are another minimally invasive procedure for facial rejuvenation. It involves using a laser device (either ablative or nonablative laser) to improve skin’s appearance and eliminate wrinkles. The dermis absorbs the laser light and converts them to heat energy, stimulating collagen production to tighten loose skin and reduce appearance of creases and folds.
5. Plasma fibroblast therapy
This treatment works by tightening the skin using a plasma pen that induces little holes around the upper eyelid. It targets the fibroblasts in the dermis which are responsible for the development of collagen. When the small holes shrink up, the skin becomes tightened which results in enhanced skin texture and reduced appearances of wrinkles and facial lines. Patients can expect minor swelling when proceeding with this treatment since the eyelid area is delicate.
Sign up for the premier Botox experience at Evolve Med Spa
Botox cosmetic injections are considered an effective treatment for minimizing wrinkles and sagging in the forehead and brow area. People who want to get Botox for their brow lifts should receive injections from a trusted provider to ensure a successful outcome with less possible risks.
Evolve Med Spa is home to highly-skilled injectors who can guarantee safe and premier Botox experience. We use the most advanced technologies in the beauty industry so you can get the best results for your cosmetic goals. Contact us today to learn more about our Botox products and other services.
Botox has never been easier than it is today, and with Evolve Med Spa, we can inject away your signs of aging in no time.