Laser Hair Removal NJ Treatments at Evolve Med Spa
Achieve Hair-Free, Smooth Skin With Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Unwanted body hair can make a person more self-conscious. It is for this reason that many are exploring various hair removal treatments at home like tweezing, threading, shaving, and waxing. However, they can only do so much for the excess hair on the body and if you’re looking for a procedure with amazing and longer-lasting results, getting laser hair removal might be what you’re looking for.
So how does a laser hair removal treatment eliminate unwanted hair? Laser hair removal is a safe procedure that uses laser technology to remove body hair. When the heat from the laser energy is absorbed by the pigment cells (melanin) in the hair follicle, new hair growth is slowed down and unwanted hair becomes lighter in color to reduce and make them less noticeable. This treatment lets you enjoy hairless and softer-looking skin for a long time.
Evolve Med Spa: Your Number One Center For Laser Hair Removal Treatments
Laser hair removal is one of the effective non-invasive treatments for permanent hair reduction in areas like the legs, underarm, face, upper lip, chin, and bikini area. It’s safe, quick, and comes with very minimal downtime that’s why more and more people are signing up for a laser hair removal session. Here at Evolve Med Spa, our expert staff is dedicated to helping you reclaim smooth-looking skin and restore confidence in your natural beauty.
At Evolve Med Spa NJ, we guarantee that you’ll get only the best service during your laser hair removal appointment with our state-of-the-art facilities. We put priority on your needs and take the time to create a customized treatment plan that will efficiently solve your unwanted hair and ingrown hair problems.
Visit our location today for your first permanent Laser Hair Removal Treatment with us!
Before your first laser hair reduction treatment, you need to schedule a consultation with one of our Evolve Med Spa expert surgeons. They will meet with you to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedure. They’ll also ask questions about your medical history, current medications, previous surgeries or cosmetic procedures to make sure there are no contraindications.
Once you’ve been cleared, your surgeon will discuss the possible treatment plan according to your desired goals. Our staff here at Evolve Med Spa will carefully walk you through on how you need to prepare and what to expect during and after the treatment session.
- Pre-laser treatment care: We advise laser hair removal clients to avoid sun exposure and getting tanned skin during the week before the treatment. If going out is unavoidable, you should wear sunscreen products with an SPF 30 or above to protect the treatment area.
Clients are also asked to stop waxing and tweezing weeks before the procedure. But if you have long hair on the area to be treated, there is a risk that the laser will burn the hair and damage the skin. For this reason, you will be reminded to shave at least 24 hours before coming in for your permanent hair removal appointment. Other reminders will be given to you upon consultation.
- The laser hair removal procedure: You will be given protective eyewear to shield your eyes from the laser beam. A topical anesthetic or numbing cream will be applied on the skin of the area to be treated to minimize the discomfort during the procedure. A cold gel or cooling device may also be attached to the laser device to keep your skin protected.
The laser light effectively targets the cells in the hair follicle so it will not do any damage to the surrounding skin and tissues. As the heat is absorbed by the follicle, it will damage them and stop or delay new hair growth. Depending on the extent of the area being treated, the whole procedure may take anywhere between a few minutes to an hour.
Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal
At Evolve Med Spa, we assure that all laser hair removal procedures are carried out efficiently so you can enjoy the many advantages of the treatment:
- Minimal downtime. You can immediately return to your daily activities after the procedure but you’re reminded to exercise caution and limit sun exposure as the treated area heals. Likewise, most side effects from the treatment will go away on their own within a few days so you can expect to recover smoothly.
- Proven effective for permanent hair reduction. While it’s widely recognized as a permanent hair removal procedure, a laser hair treatment actually hinders the production of hair in the anagen or growth stage. This results in a reduced number of visible unwanted hair for a long time.
- Lessens ingrown hair. Most hair trimming options like plucking and shaving can potentially grow ingrown hair where unwanted body hair was removed. But because a laser removal targets the roots, it can effectively prevent the appearance of pesky ingrown hair.
- Flawless and soft-looking skin. With a laser hair treatment, you’re guaranteed that the treated area will be free of stray body hairs or stubble in the skin, leaving you with an improved skin texture that is soft and smooth to the touch.
- Cost-effective. Since the results of a laser hair removal are long-lasting, you can say goodbye to the tweezers, razors, and wax appointments that you used to regularly spend money on. A laser treatment may be more expensive but it’s usually a one-time expense that you pay upfront.
Is Laser Hair Removal The Right Pick For You?
Before undergoing a laser hair removal procedure, it’s important to consult with your provider to determine if you are a good fit for the treatment. You’re qualified for a laser hair removal treatment if:
- You have no existing skin conditions or lesions. During an initial consultation with our plastic surgeon, we’ll ask about your health history and check if you have any skin problems such as keloid or hypertrophic scars, active infections, or other skin lesions that may contradict with the treatment.
- You can wait for the results to show. Remember that laser hair removal does not provide instant results. It may take some time and more than one treatment session to see the full results. But the good thing is that after you receive laser hair removal, it may last for several months and up to years. If the hair grows back, it will appear lighter and less noticeable.
- You’re willing to listen to the doctor's instructions. Our experts here at Evolve Med care for the client’s overall safety and wellbeing. We’ll provide you with detailed instructions and a list of things to avoid before, during, and after the treatment. This allows to ensure that the procedure will go smoothly and that you will have only the best experience.